People are making lists of good things that happened in 2016, although at this point it seems kind of like telling a lupus patient “at least it’s not cancer”. But c’est la vie. I’ll give it a shot. Surely something positive must have happened this year.
- The new turtle got along fine with the old turtles.
- The sweet potato vine I decided to try in my daffodil bed grew very well, right up to the night it hit 17 degrees.
- I got ~28 yards of usable fabric for free.
- Nothing major went wrong with the house or car this year.
- The neighbors who played SUPER LOUD music at all hours moved out.
- I had fun playing with fictional and RP characters on Twitter.
- I listened to some awesome music.
- I read some good books.
- I did my first DIY Funko Pop! and crocheted some cute little dolls.
- Ummm… ummm… can’t think of any more right now.
Oh well, nine good things is better than none. And sure, I know 2016 wasn’t all bad. 2016 was not an evil entity, it was simply a way of counting time. But there are times when a lot of unpleasant things happen in a short amount of time. 1981 was like that for me. It’s just chance.
Or is it?